As the ad landscape continues to grow, advertisements will become more prevalent and customer attention will decline. Marketing and creative teams will have less time to focus on creativity as they grapple with increasing demand for content. Yet, creativity remains the number one factor driving business ROI. 1
The answer? Creative automation. While it does not automate the genius that is creativity, it creates space for that magic to happen. Automating repetitive tasks helps teams scale personalisation without worrying about maintaining brand consistency. 2
Why scaling personalisation matters
Every customer is different, so your ads need to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time. Messages without personalisation are generic. Worse, they fail to convey the value of your brand and why it should interest your consumer.
Personalisation corrects that. It gives your ads a personal touch by tailoring variables to your customer. These could be language, copywriting elements like CTAs, ad formats, locations, and visuals (including video).
Now imagine modifying these variables day-in-day-out for multiple audience segments, across dozens of ad variations. It’s repetitive, slows down lead time, and burns out creatives.
With creative automation, your team can focus on what matters. They’ll be able to keep up with content churn, get to market faster, and produce impactful assets. In turn, this improves ad performance and creates a better customer experience.
How creative automation helps with brand consistency
As you increase your personalisation efforts, it’s paramount to maintain brand consistency. Each touchpoint is an opportunity to remind customers why your brand is familiar and trustworthy. This is done by consistently delivering messaging that is aligned with the brand’s “core values, brand promise, and brand identity elements.”3
These could be visual elements such as typeface and colour palette, or something more abstract like language and brand voice. Regardless, consistency helps your brand stay cohesive and recognisable across marketing channels, thus building brand familiarity.
Creative automation ensures brand consistency at every touchpoint by:
- Keeping to the brand guidelines regardless of versions and formats
- Maintaining quality control even with a high volume of creative production under time constraints.
- Reducing potential human errors during repetitive creative tasks
Is personalisation worth investing in?
The numbers speak for themselves:
- 80% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a brand that provides personalised experiences. – Epsilon 4
- 86% of marketers have seen a measurable lift in business results from their personalisation campaigns. – Evergage 5
- 55% of marketers say the top benefit of personalisation is increased visitor engagement and improved customer experience. – Evergage5
Using creative automation to reduce tedium means more time to focus on what matters. Your brand can gather feedback on what elements and combinations work best for your audience and campaign.
Our proprietary Digital Creative Automation (DCA) system does all the above cost-effectively. Best of all, this system is platform agnostic — meaning digital creative assets produced will be compatible with any platform or media you’re targeting. Our clients like Grab have used DCA and seen up to 80% savings in resources while improving campaign performance.
A word of caution, creative automation is not the end-all-be-all. Without something great to automate, what would the result be like? The point of creative automation is to make way for what impacts business ROI: creativity.
“By empowering marketers to scale content creation and distribution independently and in line with brand guidelines, creatives can concentrate on what they do best: creating original, memorable campaigns that strengthen brand identity and inspire trust.” 1
Looking to personalise your ads? Or maybe you want to take creative production to the next level?
Schedule a demo to see how DCA can help you. Get in touch.
- 1 How creative automation tools can help teams elevate marketing personalization
- 2 What Is Creative Automation and How It Can Help Teams Optimize The Production Process
- 3 The Importance of Building Trust with Brand Consistency
- 4 New Epsilon research indicates 80% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase when brands offer personalized experiences
- 5 50 Stats Showing The Power Of Personalization